04 April 2010

4 April

Like I said last week my parents were going to be in town this weekend. We decided that I would take a break from the blanket and try another project for the week, still crocheting though. We made pot holders. She taught me the stitch i needed to know to do this and then we practiced a little. After I finally got the stitch down she showed me how to use a pattern. This pattern was a little different than the one I had to use for the blanket and harder to follow. We worked on this for about 3 hours of Saturday. I was able to finish 2 in this time which I thought was pretty good considering I was learning how to do it. It was nice to be able to take a break from the bigger project to work on something different for a week. I still did some work with the blanket added some more rows but that was it for that one. It was neat to do something with my mom again and relaxing to do it. I even got to use the pot holders today!

This week I am hoping I will finish all my rows so that in the last couple weeks I can start to work on the binding. I feel like I have been stuck in the same spot on this project the whole time. It ended taking a lot more time than I originally thought it would to get all the rows I want for this blanket.

1 comment:

  1. Very nice pot holders. It's refreshing to take a break from bigger projects & have something new to focus on for a bit. Hope the blanket is going well & that you're able to finish it up soon.

    ReplyDelete