This week was really rewarding finally be able to finish my project that I started at the beginning of the semester. To be able to put the finishing touches on a huge project was just awesome. This week all I had to do was finish the outside of the blanket. I looked the technique online again like I did on the other steps and was able to pick it up after about 2 tries. After I finished going around the outside of the blanket i had to weave the excess string back into the blanket, the strings from changing rolls of yarn. This was actually kind of hard, trying to make it not as noticeable, it took a couple times to get them to blend in with the stitches of the blanket.
I cant wait to finally show this blanket off to people other than my roommates. I think they were just as excited that I finished it as I was. Finally they do not have to keep giving me their advice on how much longer to go and if the stitches still look the same everytime I picked the blanket up!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Cassie, I know exactly how you feel! I'm still putting the final touches on my project, but I felt that same sense of accomplishment with completing my final project. It is really interesting to look at work completed at the beginning of the semester and see how much has changed or improved over the course of the project.
ReplyDelete