This week my mom was able to help me get started on a project. When she looked at what I had already bought she thought the materials were not good and the projects in the book I had bought were not really practical for a beginner. We went to the store and looked at different books for about an hour and decided on a baby blanket book. She explained to me how to read the pattern and decide what kind of yarn I needed to buy, which I did not know there were different kinds. So when she pointed me to the right area I picked out the colors I wanted. The pattern we decided to attempt I needed a colored thread plus a white one. After the thread I had to get a different needle than the ones I had already, a bigger one. After this shopping experience me and my mom went home and we sat down next to each other she walked me through reading the pattern and teaching me the stitches I needed to know and we worked on it for an hour together, her doing one and me doing one.
I think that this week was a lot more rewarding than last week. Last week I was totally lost in what I was doing. This week I was able to produce something that actually looks like something. Unfortunately I do not have any pictures this week to show. I have about 4-5 rows done on the blanket.
I think this week I will probably have to learn how start a new thread in the blanket. I have looked this process up on youtube and there are several ways that you can do this and I think the process looks rather easy. Other than that, I will just have to keep completing rows.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Sounds like you've put a lot of thinking and time into this project already, Cassie. What was it about your experience this week that made it more rewarding than last week?
ReplyDeleteI agree, it sounds like you're putting a lot of thought into this.
ReplyDeleteWhat colors did you end up choosing? Are you going to upload some pictures of your first rows? Did you make any mistakes your first few rows that aren't fixable? It's really awesome how much time and effort you've put into this already!